Mandarin Fluent Securities Attorney
Kaufman & Canoles is a highly respected corporate law firm with eight offices located throughout Virginia. We are well established in the legal community, with an excellent reputation with the judiciary as well as other attorneys. We have built our reputation on excellent client service, and we promote a culture of teamwork and can do attitude. We keep abreast of changes in the law, we are readily accessible, and we render service in a timely manner. In short, we hold ourselves to the highest standards, and we are zealous, compassionate advocates for our clients.
The Kaufman & Canoles Corporate and Public Finance Practice Group is seeking a highly qualified Mandarin Fluent Securities Attorney for our Richmond location.
1. Provide effective and practical advice to clients to assist them in promoting their best interests.
2. Review materials provided by clients in English and Chinese (Mandarin); communicate with clients in Chinese (Mandarin) and English about complex legal matters; occasional translation of legal and business documents between English and Chinese (Mandarin).
3. Assist with preparation and submission of SEC filings, proxy statement and annual shareholder meeting materials.
4. Assist with management of clients legal disclosure obligations and clients day-to-day governance and securities functions.
5. Assist with compliance with all applicable securities laws and regulations, stock exchange rules, and related regulatory compliance activities.
6. Draft, review and revise board and committee resolutions.
1. Prefer two or more years prior experience in public company securities law, representing foreign and domestic companies.
2. Must be able to speak and write fluently in English and Chinese (Mandarin) on technical, business and legal matters.
3. Knowledge of and experience with the federal and state securities laws, corporate securities and stock exchange procedures. Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions.
4. Exceptional business and legal acumen; ability to identify and diagnose legal problems and articulate creative and practical solutions and alternatives.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, other firm attorneys, support staff, and outside professionals.
6. Demonstrated ability and willingness to function with a high degree of autonomy.
7. Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal, and listening skills.
8. Able to obtain a Passport for international travel. Must be able to travel for up to 4 weeks at a time spending up to 15% of total time traveling out of town to meet with clients.
1. Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association with an outstanding academic record.
2. Admission to the Virginia Bar.
3. Must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
4. During employment, must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice; some opportunities for obtaining in-house CLE through Kaufman & Canoles will be available.
We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package which includes a competitive salary, medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, and long term disability.
Mandarin Fluent Securities Attorney Apply