Human Resources Director
Kaufman & Canoles seeks a Human Resources Director who will be responsible for the direction and management of the firms Human Resources Department and its related activities. The firm has offices in seven Virginia cities, and this position works primarily from the downtown Norfolk location.
The HR Director will plan, direct and administer policies related to all aspects of HR, provide leadership, and serve as consultant to all departments and practice areas. Responsibilities include staffing, performance evaluation, budget development, salary and benefits administration, salary recommendations, awards and wellness programs, staff planning, and working with attorneys and supervisors to develop solutions to staffing issues.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree in Human Resources or a related field and 5 years of progressive HR management in a professional services environment (law, accounting, or medical practice management). A working knowledge of state and federal employment legislation such as Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, HIPPA, FLSA, IRCA, etc. is required. Knowledge of health care laws and industry procedures is essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make presentations and conduct meetings, is required. Position requires travel to all seven firm offices.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a professional work environment. To apply, click the link below. Apply
Kaufman & Canoles seeks an experienced Marketing Director. The Marketing Director is an essential member of the Firms leadership team and must possess the vision and energy to develop and lead all marketing efforts in support of client retention and expansion, and new business development. We want our Marketing Director to be active and visible in the community and be able to work with attorneys to develop growth strategies. The Marketing Director will also be engaged in the delivery of all aspects of the business development and growth plans.
- Design, implement, and facilitate marketing plan for the firm. Support and facilitate development and implementation of section marketing plans and individual attorney marketing plans.
- Plan and administer the firms Marketing Operations budget.
- Organize and implement client relations and client development activities including seminars, newsletters, and special events.
- Supervise firms RFP protocol process including writing proposals for new business; participate in planning and presentation sessions as needed.
- Oversee business development activities including assisting attorneys in strategic planning and coaching for prospective client meetings and presentations.
- Oversee internal and external communications activities; manage public relations efforts. Develop and administer marketing database which includes client and prospect information, mailing list applications, access to financial reports, etc.
- Oversee firms electronic marketing efforts including supervision of Website design and maintenance.
- Promote recognition of firm attorneys in local, state and national peer review publications.
- Encourage and coordinate new business and client retention calls by the firms Chairman.
- Make staffing and hiring decisions within marketing department.
- The ability to effectively represent the firm at professional meetings and functions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to make presentations and conduct meetings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with attorneys, support staff, clients and vendors.
- Requires a bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires frequent travel to and from Kaufman & Canoles seven offices.
- Knowledge of specialized marketing computer programs and technological tools at an advanced level.
Kaufman & Canoles is a commercial law firm headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with 110 attorneys. Our specialties include health care, corporate/commercial, labor and employment defense, banking and corporate finance, and taxation. We are committed to providing our clients with innovative solutions and winning results.
We offer a friendly, professional work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits. To apply, click the link below. Please include cover letter, resume, salary requirements and writing sample.Apply